- Nitin Gupta, Yoonhee Jang, Sara C. Mednick, and David E. Huber, The road not taken: Creative solutions require avoidance of high frequency answers. Psychological Science (in press)
- Mednick SC, Cai DJ, Shuman T, Anagnostaras S, Wixted JT. An opportunistic theory of cellular and systems consolidation. Trends Neurosci. 2011 Jul 8.
EM, Gorman MR, Mednick SC. The effect of narrowband 500 nm light on
daytime sleep in humans. Physiol Behav. 2011 May 3;103(2):197-202.
- Kanady JC, Drummond SP, Mednick SC. Actigraphic assessment of a polysomnographic-recorded nap: a validation study. J Sleep Res. 2011 Mar;20(1 Pt 2):214-22.
- Rieth CA, Cai DJ, McDevitt EA, Mednick SC, The role of sleep and practice in implicit and explicit motor learning Behavioural Brain Research 2010 (in press).
- Sara C. Mednick and William A. Alaynick, Comparing models of sleep-dependent memory consolidation, Journal of Experimental and Clinical Medicine 2010 (in press).
- Mednick SC, Christakis NA, Fowler JH The Spread of Sleep Loss Influences Drug Use in Adolescent Social Networks. PLoS ONE 5: e9775 March 2010.
- Denise J. Cai, Sarnoff A. Mednick, Elizabeth M. Harrison, Jennifer Kanady, and Sara C. Mednick, REM, not incubation, improves creativity by priming associative networks. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2009, June 8.
- Mednick SC, "Sleep and Dreams", Encyclopedia of Perception; Editor-in-chief, Bruce Goldstein, 2009, SAGE Publications, Inc
- Mednick SC, Drummond SP, Arman AC, Boynton GM. Perceptual deterioration is reflected in the neural response: fMRI study of nappers and non-nappers. Perception. 2008;37(7):1086-97
- Mednick SC, Makovski T, Cai DJ, Jiang YV. Sleep and rest facilitate implicit memory in a visual search task. Vision Res. 2009 Apr 18.
- Mednick SC, Drummond SPA, "Naps" in The New Encyclopedia of Neuroscience eds. Squire L, Albright T, Elsevier London, 2008.
- Mednick SC, Kanady J, Cai D, Drummond SPA, Comparing the benefits of Caffeine, Naps and Placebo on Verbal, Motor, and Perceptual Memory. Behavioral Brain Research, 2008.
- Mednick SC, Drummond SPA, Boynton GM, Awh E, Serences J, Sleep-Dependent Learning and Practice-Dependent Deterioration on an Orientation Discrimination Task, Behavioral Neuroscience, 2008.
- Mednick SC, Nakayama K, Cantero JL, Atienza M, Levin AA, Pathak N, Stickgold R, "The Restorative Benefit of Naps on Perceptual Deterioration," Nature Neuroscience, July 2002.
- Mednick SC., Nakayama K., Stickgold R. "Sleep-dependent Learning: A Nap is as Good as a Night,", Nature Neuroscience, July 2003.
- Mednick SC, Arman AC, Boynton GM, "The time course and specificity of perceptual deterioration" Proceedings from the National Academy of Sciences USA 2005 Mar 8;102(10):3881-5. Epub 2005 Feb24.